Five tonnes of animal life can live in one hectare of soil.
Postdoc - Petrographic analysis in archaeology in Calgary
The University of Calgary offers the position of a postdoc fellowship in Petrographic analysis in archaeology (lithics and soil micromorphology).
Issues of provenance, characterization, and taphonomy.
Novel applications to residue analysis and use-wear welcome
- A PhD and expertise in one or more of these areas: 1) Geo-archaeology, 2) Paleosols, 3) Use-wear analysis
- research proposed in the Postdoctoral Fellowship application must be distinct from, or add to the application’s doctoral thesis
- not hold a tenure or tenure-track faculty position
- not have already received a postdoctoral award from SSHRC, NSERC, or CIHR
- be motivated and organized self-starter, who can work with minimum supervision in a laboratory environment
- be able to supervise and educate less-experienced co-workers and work effectively in a team
- have excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
Please download the full job description for more information:
Postdoctoral Fellowship - Calgary
|sshrc_postdoc_ad_final.pdf - 40 kB|
Petrographic analysis in archaeology: lithics, and soil micromorphology